Class Setup for Teachers
Muvyu is your tool for teaching live, online classes in your own space on your own time. Here are the simple steps to follow for preparing that space and the equipment you use. Take a look before each class as a little reminder. It doesn’t take long, we promise :)
We recommend taking a free technical session with us anytime you want to refresh on on how best to use Muvyu’s features.
1. Set Up Your Area
Choose an area with about 8ft (3m) between you and your device (laptop, desktop computer, or TV) and give yourself enough space to freely demonstrate postures. Place your device at a height of 2ft (50cm) on a base that’s shoulder width in length.
If you have a lot of windows in your space, turn your device away from them to prevent a glare on screen and if street noise could interrupt your practice, keep windows closed.
Using a TV screen and external camera or tripod are great ways to optimize the way students see you and how you can view them to give feedback.
2. Test Your Internet & Equipment
We recommend using Google Chrome or Safari internet browsers when using Muvyu, but others work fine too. Test that your device and internet speed is operating well.
3. Arrive to Class 15 Minutes Early
Launch your class on Muvyu 15 minutes before it is due to start so that students can join early and let you know about any injuries they have.
Use this time to also double-check your space by viewing it on screen as the student will see it - you might like to make adjustments to your camera angle. Remember to modify your device settings to your screen from dimming during class.
4. Understand the On-Screen Features
When you launch your Muvyu class, there are features on the bottom of the screen whose functions are useful to know.
- Settings button: switch between cameras or microphones during class.
- Microphone button: lets you mute your device.
- Camera button: allows you to turn off the display of yourself.
- Scaling button: allows you to change the aspect ratio of your screen (useful for group classes)
- Exit button: click here to leave the class when it finishes.
- Full screen button: make your picture the full size of the screen.
5. Know How to Get Help
If you experience technical problems during your class, please contact us. We will be more than happy to help. Or check our FAQs to see if your issue is listed there.